I have lived in Glasgow in Scotland since 1991.
I work at Glasgow School of Art Archives and Collections as a support assistant and in a variety of knowledge exchange and communications roles at Glasgow University.
I’m a member of the Arlington Baths, a Victorian swimming pool and Turkish bath in Glasgow, and have been a member of a book group since 2002.
I have have an Information Management and Preservation MSc (Distinction) from the University of Glasgow.
My first degree was an MA in Modern History, also from the University of Glasgow.
I also have a Postgraduate Diploma in Newspaper Journalism from the University of Wales, and an MSc in Library and Information Studies from Robert Gordon University.
- Archives and Collections Support Assistant at Glasgow School of Art, where I worked on:
- updating reference numbers and repackaging architectural plans from Gillespie, Kidd and Coia and updating catalogue entries
- updating item numbers and adding entries to the catalogue for annual reports and prospectuses
- cataloguing the Jimmy Cosgrove collection
- cataloguing the Mary Mackie collection
- cleaning plastercasts
- Volunteer with the Arlington Baths Club History Group, managing archive materials, publishing research online and organising events.
- Volunteer at Glasgow Women’s Library, helping to catalogue the Scottish Women’s Aid archive.
- Volunteer at Glasgow School of Art, doing archive research on the First World War Home Front.
There’s more information on my LinkedIn page.